Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Scattering of the Seed!

Listen a farmer went out to plant some seeds. As he scattered them across his field some fell on a footpath, and the birds came and ate them, others fell on the shallow soil with underlying rock. The seeds sprouted quickly because the soil was shallow but the plants soon wilted under the hot sun, and since they didn’t have deep roots they died. Other seeds fell among the thorns that grew up and choked out the tender plants . Still other seeds fell on fertile soil and they produced a crop that was thirty, sixty, and even one hundred times as much as had been planted! Anyone that has ears to hear should listen and understand

Matthew 13:3-9



As I read this chapter I was caught up in the spirit and taken to Heaven. I stood on a solid gold floor and I stood in what looked liked chaffed wheat. In front of me was a bag and two angels stood in front of a doorway. They were clothed in white and they each held bags woven from brown cloth. I could not see their faces but one turned to me and said.

“Welcome to the Granaries of heaven, are you ready to partake in the sowing of the seed”

I looked around me and now realized what I was actually standing in. I was surrounded by great big grain bins cast from solid gold. They gleamed and light seemed to be emanating from them. Great doors sealed the bins shut and guardian angles stood in front of the doors.

“Yes” was my only reply
The angel on the left of the doorway said

“Then let it begin”

I heard a shuffling of feet to my right and turned and saw about 20 figures moving toward the largest grain bin. They looked like little children and wore all different types of clothes. Some were black little kids in overalls and that’s it. Some wore polo t-shirts but they giggled and ran towards the giant angel. They formed two lines 10 on each side and then one kid on the end of one of the lines turned to me. His hair was blonde he was wearing a giant white night shirt that was way to many sizes to big. He wore light brown jeans and he had bare feet. His little brown cap and freckles made him even more childlike. He had a strand of grain sticking out of his mouth and he smiled and asked

“You coming?”



He motioned for me to step forward and I did but as I neared the group of small children they parted and made a pathway for me to walk straight to the font. I stood in front of the large guardian angel and looked up to his face. He must have been 15 ft tall he looked down at me and pierced me with his emerald green eyes. His dark stubble lined his well carved jaw line and his brown hair curly and hung loosely by his shoulders. At trumpet sounded and echoed off of the walls of the grainary and then he smiled turned grabbed the handle of the door the grain bin and announced

“let the sewing begin.”

In a mighty effort he pushed the handle up and grunted as he tugged on the door. His muscles strained as the door began the give he let the door open just a crack and grain began to pour out of the crack. He smiled the Kids behind me began to laugh and giggle and then with a mighty push he flung open the door. The only thing I saw when he pushed open the door was a wall of seeds falling towards us kinda like in the cartoons when the door is opened and all the water cascades out of the door. The floor shook as a avalanche of grain spewed forth. In one giant motion it poured over us and then it went dark.

I opened my eyes to find my self staring at the world. It was just like a tiny globe floating in a area of nothingness. I reached out and touched it and light rippled out from where I had touch leaving an imprint of my fingerprint on the earth.

“You have been given the power to release the seed of truth where ever you choose”

I turned to see the little child that had beckoned me earlier to come and join them. He sat there in the air floating the biggest smile on his face ever. His blue eyes glowed as he did a summersault in the weightlessness.

“Well go ahead spread some seed!” he urged

I looked down and in front of me was a giant bag of seed the same brown bag I had seen earlier. Its strap went up and rested comfortably on my shoulder. I swiped my hand through the grain in the bag and picked up a small handful. And let it filter through my hand back into the bag

“Go on, its easy!” he said now almost impatiently

So I picked up one little seed and threw it at my hometown Red Deer Alberta. It slowly floated through the air and then hit the earth. A little explosion of Gold dust in the shape of a mushroom cloud shot out. I picked up another seed and threw it at Toronto. Again it floated towards the earth and then poof! another tiny explosion.

“that’s it?”

I turned now the little boy was behind me and he had a puzzled look on his face “You have all that seed and that’s how you use it one at a time?”

“Well I don’t want to waste them” I replied the “truth should go where I know it will be received” so I turned back and began to throw them one at a time.

The little boy came in front of me and grabbed the next seed that I had thrown towards the earth he looked at it smiled and tossed it carelessly over his shoulder. It drifted through the air and hit Torino France. Poof another gold dust exposion

“Hey!” I yelled now a little more then annoyed “that was meant for somewhere else.”

“Your doing it wrong” said the little boy with a sly grin “Just because you don’t think truth wont be accepted doesn’t mean you don’t plant the seed!, here let me show you”

He grabbed a handful of the seed and threw it all at once onto the Continent of Africa with a little bit of Gusto. The seed rushed toward the earth and when it hit the ground it exploded much bigger then when I had been doing it. I grabbed about half a handful of seed and threw it at the earth. It landed on Greenland and Exploded in a brilliant flash of gold and other colours.

“See” said the child “ isn’t that a little more fun then one little truth in a spot where you think it should go?”

“Ya” I replied. again I put my hand into the bag and this time took out a huge handful and tossed it into the air and it drifted towards the earth and like a bunch of cap guns pop pop pop pop pop went the seeds explosions all around. I began to toss handful after handful onto the earth. Australia, Europe, Anartica, Aisia, Everywhere got some. Explosion after explosion gold and colours shot forth from the earth. After a strenuous amount of time of throwing the seeds of truth towards the earth I looked into my bag and realized that it was still full. I turned around to the small child with a puzzled look on my face.

“You humans are all the same!” laughed the little boy “you think you will run out of the truth, what you don’t realize is the earth will run out of humans before you run out of truth. There is never a lack to the truth of Gods word, and so there never will be a lack of the seed that can be born out of the truth nor the fruit that will be harvested out of the seed. Your bag will always remain full as long as you keep giving. The most interesting of things however is you will always have the same amount no matter how much you give. When you don’t give no truth has been sewn and the bag stays full, When you do sew truth the bag still stays full Which one would you rather be doing?”



I turned to the little boy and asked “What is your name?”

“Joshua” he replied

“Joshua?” I turned to him a question on the edge of my tongue

“Yes” he replied

“What does all of this mean?”

“It means you have been given a choice. You hold the seed of truth and it doesn’t matter where the seed falls or who you think will receive the seed. Your responsibility is to sew the seed all over the earth. In your home, your schools, and in the marketplace. It does not matter who you think is listening or who is paying attention what is important is you give all you know to be true. You spread it everywhere, and just like the tiny explosions some seed is always taking root. The cool thing is like you saw the more seed you throw the greater the explosion is because the greater the truth the more effect it will have and continual truth leads to continual planting.”



He took a deep breathe and let out a heavy sigh.

“Travis”
“Yes” I answered”
“Will you spread the truth?”
“I will do my best”

Then it all went black I opened my eyes to realize I was laying in my bed. My hands at my side and my bible was open on my chest Matthew 10:7 was written in Gold. Go and announce the kingdom of Heaven is near. Heal the sick, raise the dead, cure those with leprosy, cast out demons. Give as freely as you have received.

I heard the words of Joshua echo in my head “Travis? Will you spread the truth… the truth… the truth?”

“Yes” I said again out loud “quietly to my self now “I will spread the truth”

A soft wind filled my room and ruffled the pages of my bible the pages turned and landed on Matthew and again some words were highlighted in gold. Therefore, go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this I am with you always, even unto the end of the age! Matthew 28: 19-20

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Travis! That was very good for me to hear right at this time! I love you T!

    ReplyDelete