Sunday, August 8, 2010

That’s my King Part II

I stood to my feet once again and had almost completely forgotten what had gone on during the night and where I was headed. Then I remember the predicament I was in. I was on my way home, and there was a wolf on the hunt for me. The air suddenly was split again by a wolfs howl, and then five or six more howls responded. Correction make that there were wolves on the hunt for me. I also didn’t really know where I was but I knew I had to get home. So I began to walk. The grass was long, almost too long it rose to just above my hips. Perfect, I was a sitting duck easy enough prey for even the wimpiest of wolves but I knew that these were no ordinary wolves. They were on a mission. Chills swept thought my skin I began to feel nauseous, but then I heard the lions voice in my head again “I will be with you“.
Off to my right there was a sudden rustle in the grass a head poked out of the top and turned my way I froze. Those same red beady eyes I had seen before now stared at me again. “I will be with you” I heard the voice again so this time I took a step to wards the wolf. For a second the eyes blinked as if confused wondering why such a weakling like me was headed straight towards him. But I was walking on a promise, a promise that a lion was right behind me overshadowing me, watching over me. The wolf took a step towards me he was about 60 ft away. I took another step he opened his mouth and snarled and then I did something that seemed natural but felt rather odd. I growled at him. I was as surprised as he was and then I did something that felt even stupider. I began to run towards him not jogging but sprinting. The wolf began to run as well the distance was closing fast 40ft.. 30ft.. 20ft… the wolf lunged and I ducked and as I did I hear the sound of two objects hitting in the air. The sound of bones crunching above my head was like a sonic boom. My ears reverberated as the echoes of the sound filled my mind I turned back behind me to see the after math of the collision and what I saw shocked me. All I could make out in the moonlight was pieces of a dismembered wolf, a little bit of blood reflected the moonlight but besides that there wasn’t much left.
I turned quickly as my ears alerted me to another sound ,a rustle in the grass and now two more beady red eyes stared at me. They were joined by a second pair, and then also third. Three wolves about 30 ft away slowly closed in on me. But once again the lion showed up. A claw appeared of the grass grabbed one of the wolves by the back paw and pulled him onto the grass, a fierce growl was heard a yelp and then that sickening crunch of bones. The wolves spun and turned around to find one of their companions missing and then from their now backside a blurry object smashed into the one on the left and it somersaulted into the grass. The one on the right had just enough time to turn its head once again but not before a huge paw batted him right in the face and threw him through the air. It was kinda funny to see the wolf spinning through the air as his dark fleshy hair caught the rays of the moon. I heard a loud thump from the place where I had seen the wolf disappear into the grass. I turned to thank the lion be he was nowhere insight. As adrenaline coursed through my veins something filled me, I couldn’t explain it if I tried but it was like my ten percent battery power had been filled up to 100% I started to shake but now I felt fearless. I had seen such a display of raw and incredible power that I decided I was just going to run home and nothing would stop me.
I took off running my feet kicking up clouds of dirt, and breaking the tall grass as I ploughed through it. I caught a glimpse of red eyes running right beside me but then they disappeared accompanied by a yelp. I looked up ahead another wolf was running to wards me and as he lunged at me the world seemed to slow down and go into slo mow. His claws outreached he teeth bared he came at me like a steam train. I ducked and rolled trying to impersonate what I had seen the martial art guys do on TV and to my surprise I executed the move perfectly. The wolf caught nothing as his jaws snapped at the thin air but he did get face full of dirt as he hit the ground. I heard a yelp again and this time I looked back and saw the lion with the wolf clamped in between its mouth the life completely gone out of the creature. The lion tossed the wolf over its shoulder effortlessly and disappeared into the bushes.
I took off running again the grass sped by my lungs gasped in air, my face caught wind and then I hit a cloud of bugs. The tiny bugs plastered themselves over my face and I cleared my throat and spit as they had filled my mouth. I kept going I don’t know how long I ran for but I seemed like quite a while when ever a wolf appeared as long as I kept going and didn’t stop I was greeted with the sound of a yelp and the wolf disappeared. I was actually beginning to feel comfortable even with all of the wolves around me chasing me but then I caught sight of the biggest eyes I had seen yet. The dark eyes of this wolf were sickening compared to the other ones I had seen. I thought back to the first wolf I had encountered, the one who had brought me down, the one I had met before the lion and felt like this was the clone of him, the same stench, then same yellow teeth and the same blood red eyes. As I stared at this wolf I realized I was still running and then I burst through the grass tripped and fell onto the path that I had been on earlier.
The black wolf didn’t share in the same fate as I did he kept his footing and jumped over the edge of the grass that lined the pathway and landed softly on the dark worn dirt path. However he kept his distance and paced back and forth in front of me blocking my way home. His shoulders went up and down as he breathed deeply as if he had ran long and hard. I realized that I was breathing rather regularly and thought this strange knowing the distance I had just recently covered. The wolf growled again the stench was getting stronger. Then my eyes fell upon his shoulder where a dark bloodstained tear in his fleshed oozed black pussy blood. It dribbled down on his fur and onto the ground. This seeping wound seemed as if it was leaking evil the ground where the blood had landed steamed as if it was burning into the ground. He snarled again bared his fangs and then took a step forward. As he did I felt a wave a darkness hit me it was like this wolf was more then just a evil creature but the very essence of darkness itself. The very force of death, and disease, and fear. He took one more step forward and as he did he spoke. His voice was so raspy and so deep it was like knives were cutting his throat as he spoke, his words sent chills through my body.
“Your done, finished, its just you and me now, come to me and let me feast upon your flesh” surprised at my own boldness I answered my voice still a little shaky
“You wont get a taste of me, for you were defeated once I have seen and witnessed the lions power and nothing you do is going to stop him”
“Your king isn’t here now human” the voice rasped again “im going to rip you limb from limb and lap your blood from the ground upon which you now stand” I took a step foreword this time as I spoke I pointed at him.
“I have been given power over you, I trust in the lion in the great I Am and nothing you do is going to stop me you have no power here and it is time for your power to end right here right now.” The wolf growled even roared if that is possible and a wave of darkness shot towards me. It pulsated and floated towards me its wispy, smoke like fingers reached towards me trying to take me and claim me as its own. I kept waiting for the lion to come to take the wolf out to take him down, but the lion didn’t show. Could I really fight him? was this it? had the lion finally left me? would he come and fight for me the one he claimed and called son?
I thought back to first wolf I had encountered and how I had growled at him and how he seemed to be taken off guard. I thought back to what I said to the lion in the cave when he asked me if I would go back home my mind replayed the scene. “ille do it, ille go back home and face the darkness, the wolves outside, ille take them on with you at my back” So I thought of the growl I had growled I thought of the lion and his big brown eyes, I thought of how he had taken out all of my pursuers all but this one, this darkness that now stood before.
I studied myself, centred my feet about shoulder width apart, I clenched my fists drew in a deep breath, and yelled. However it was not a yell that I heard come from my lips but a roar, a roar as if I had a lion raging on the inside of me. But I also know that my roar had not been the only roar but another roar joined in with mine and burst in though the darkness. What happened next I would like to explain to you from all three perspectives the wolves sight the lions thoughts and my feelings. I don’t know how I got to see, feel and hear all of this but I felt what each one was feeling and I got to see it through their eyes and then I understood
The Wolf: Imagine if you can a cloud of darkness a cloud you just sent out towards that pathetic little human. You see him clench his fist and take a deep breath and then yell. Although his yell terrifies you its nothing compared to what you hear next. You hear a mighty roar from the mouth of the Great I Am. The roar of the Lion that sealed your fate years ago. The roar of the Lion who lives inside of the pathetic human who you now see as a great and mighty warrior. You take a step back surprised at this turn of events. You feel your tail tuck in between your legs like a sick dog scared and helpless. Even though you try and show courage your heart sinks cause you know you are defeated. Next imagine looking at your dark cloud that you have sent out towards the human and you see a little light in the middle of it and it begins to grow steadily. I grows and gets bigger and bigger as you stare through the light at the child in front of you, you see him become transparent and although you find it hard to explain he somehow he becomes spirit and as he does you see a great lion almost pass through the boy. The lion is in the air. Halfway through his lunge, halfway before he reaches you and now right in front of your now pathetic little cloud. A Wave of light almost like a force shield surrounds the lion, and as the lion hits your little cloud there is an explosion of light and your cloud solidifies and then bursts into thousands of tiny pieces no more then chaff in the wind. The lion has now passed through your cloud and is almost upon you. His jaws are agape and his mouth I stretched to the max. His giant white teeth spell death to you and your kingdom, his eyes are not brown but yellow, yellow like a ever burning flame full of hatred but full of love something you never understood. His paws are reaching out to you and his longs claws extend towards you aimed at your throat he is going for the kill. The light blinds you as you look at his eyes once again you can no longer stand on your feet. You feel you knees buckle and you fall weakly to the ground. And then it is over. You feel a mighty claw tear through your jugular. You feel life leaving you, and you feel chunks of your flesh being torn off your body. This is what has been due to you. You have deceived and lied to the Great I Am’s children for far to long and judgment day has come. Your kingdom has ended and the humans are taking over alongside their King.
My View: As I roared I felt lighter almost as if I had left my body. The roar of the lion still shook the very particles of my being the very walls of my heart. Light glimmered in every retrospect that could be formulated out of thought, perceived by the mind, or imagined by the heart. I felt overwhelmed yet embraced in a peace that didn’t seem possible. And then I saw the lion his claws appeared first and that’s when I realized he was going through me. His claws extended towards the wolf who just moments ago seemed so powerful but in this dimension of life he seemed like the most minute of details. I felt the lions head go through me and as he passed through me my mind was filled with libraries of information, countless thoughts of love, and passion, and joy for me. Then his torso went through me I felt strength like I could move a mountain strength that wasn’t possible for any many to posses , then his legs and tail fallowed. I saw him collide with the blackness and as the two powers fought to co exist the light expended the darkness. Millions of pieces of the blackness seemed to fly everywhere like a pane of glass that has just be blown up with a stick of C-4. The lion passed through this darkness and his light took over. Stretching and reaching towards the wolf and his existence of death. The light moved in waves, it bounced, and spun, twirled, and danced as it dripped with power of the majestic one. Then the lion hit the wolf and struck a lethal blow. The entire left side of the wolfs throat disappeared in a heartbeat and then he slumped to the ground either dead or unconscious to the world around him.


The Lion: Look at my child, look how brave he is, he trusts me look at him taking a stand against the wolf of deception, the wolf of lies. Look at my creation, he is perfect, nothing could ever separate me from him especially the powers of darkness. Look at him breathe, hear his roar. It makes my heart jump when I see him take a stand. Time to intervene. He loves me so much, I can hear it in his voice, see it in his eyes, feel it in his heart. His heart and mine are one never skipping a beat. Only combined like two lost lovers unaware of the world around them. I have saved him, he is mine, I will fight for him as he fights for me. Look at the darkness so pitiful, so powerless, experience the light the power of its radiance. Look at how the darkness cannot stand up to even the smallest flash of light. If its only a flicker of light the darkness is gone for that moment, for that time, for that instance, for that heartbeat. Look at that wolf so weak so helpless, I will take him down but not take him out for that is the job of my creation to destroy the one who tried to be like me. So I made some in the image of me to destroy the one who wished to be me. Jugular, he deserves far worse punishment then this. However, letting my son take him out will be worth it for me.
When the light died down and all was calm I saw the lion standing over the wolf I ran to the lion and embraced him I wrapped myself in his mane and lost myself in those dark brown eyes.
“I knew you would be there I just knew it, I love you so much”
“I have one last thing to ask of you” the lion said “You need to finish the job that I completed” I looked down at the wolf who lay helpless on the ground. Blood soaked the ground where he lay. I looked at the lion and then back to the wolf. The wolf was breathing heavily his rasps of breath barely kept him alive. I took a step foreword and put my foot on his neck and pressed down cutting off what was left of his respiratory system. By now the brain would be losing oxygen motor systems would be shutting down it would soon be over. I kept my foot on his neck and applied even more pressure and with a wheeze the last breath left the wolfs body. The lion look down at the wolf and said in a deep voice
“He will strike your head, and you will strike his heel” I thought back to when the wolf had ripped my calf and thought it interesting that the leg that the wolf injured dealt the final blow. The lion turned to me and said
“I think it is time for you to finally go home, I will accompany you the rest of the way” I put my hand into his thick mane and grabbed onto a bit of it and said
“I would like that very much”

It was an interesting pair that walked the worn dirt road on the path to Travis’ house. The large lion swayed back and forth and Travis had to almost jog to keep up with the lions giant stride. As they rounded the corner of the dirt path the little wood hut came into view. The crickets chirped, and birds tweeted a soft tune in the air. The reds, and oranges of the sunrise cast a warm pleasant glow onto the small clearing. Travis walked forward with his hand still swallowed up by the giant mane. But almost fell over when he was met with a sudden stop. He turned and the lion was standing still
“This is where I leave once again” the lion said
“But I don’t want you to go” Travis responded
“I must, life continues on but remember I will always be with you” the lion smiled and then a soft wind began to blow and then lion started to glow so bright was the light Travis closed his eyes and then when he opened them the lion was gone all that was left was the little wooden hut and the warm sun coming onto his face. The lions last words echoed in Travis’ mind “I will always be with you.” With that Travis Smiled and turned, opened the door to his hut and lay down on his bed it was going to be a great sleep it had been a long night.

Beep… Beep… Beep. Out of compulsion, and repetition I hit the snooze button on my alarm then I swung my legs over my bed wiped the sleep from my eyes and stood to my feet. It was time for another normal day, or was it. Normal would never be the same again!

1 comment:

  1. I love the emotions that you are able to convey through words! I would love to endorse your work, bro!

    ReplyDelete